October 21, 2022 8:30 AM - October 22, 2022 5:00 PM (EST)
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday and Saturday: 16 Participation Credits Perio (Code 490) or Implant (Code 690)
YM Dental Lab, Chantilly VA
• “Thinking Outside the Palate” to minimize free gingival palatal graft harvest surgery.
• Create a favorable soft tissue emergence profile reconstruction in the esthetic zone.
• Soft tissue wound healing biology, and prevention of complications.
• Preventing replacement of implants with over 50% vertical bone loss.
• New “Graft-Loc” technique prevents flap opening and graft exposure.
• Indications and advantages of surgical techniques for acellular dermis matrix allografts, subepithelial connective tissue and
maxillary tuberosity connective tissue.
1. Be able to diagnose early peri-implantitis.
2. Know how to gain vertical bone support after stopping implant infections.
3. Know how to Never Lose a Graft using custom compounded antibiotic gels to prevent infection.
4. Learn our new Graft-Lock technique for suturing acellular dermis and connective tissue
grafts in our Hands-on Workshops.
5. Learn which soft tissue graft types perform best to develop favorable emergence profiles for implants in esthetic zones.
6. Know the protocols for predictable extraction site management allowing immediate implant placement.
7. Learn the biologic advantages of using a “Super-Graft” in socket preservation.
Dr. Wallace is a native North Carolinian. He received his B.S. in pharmacy and D.D.S. degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he served as clinical instructor in the School of Dentistry.
He received his Masters Degree with Honors in Periodontics from the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Wallace is an active member of the American Dental Association, North Carolina Society of Periodontists, International Society of Periodontal Plastic Surgeons, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, a Fellow in the American College of Dentists and Life Member of the American Academy of Periodontology.
Dr. Wallace is an active researcher and published author; his work has been published in the Journal of Periodontology, International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, Implant Dentistry, Journal of Dental Research, Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Journal of International Dentistry and the Journal of Implant and Advanced Clinical Dentistry.
He provides teaching courses for dental practitioners in areas of periodontal surgery, soft tissue grafting techniques and dental implant reconstruction. He is a guest speaker for the American Academy of Periodontology, American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, International Society of Periodontal Plastic Surgeons and the North Carolina Dental Society.
The YM Education Center is a new, state-of-the-art educational facility in Chantilly, VA and home to YM Dental Lab. The venue is conveniently located 25 miles from Washington DC, with fully equipped, spacious educational areas designed to easily seat up to 40 attendees, socially distanced.
There is ample, free parking in front of the facility.
Registration opens at 8:00 am, course to begin promptly at 8:30 am.
Coffee, soft drinks and water will be available throughout the day, and a boxed lunch will be provided each day.
The Virginia AGD is excited to welcome attendees back in-person this Fall. We will be following the current mandates as directed by the state of Virginia to ensure the safety of all who are participating. Our expectations will be consistent with CDC guidelines which encourage frequent hand washing and face coverings for anyone who is not vaccinated. At this time, our event venue additionally requests that all individuals wear a face mask in indoor settings when you cannot socially distance.
Attendees will find hand sanitizer stations set up throughout the event venue, extra masks available at any time, and weather permitting we will have tables and chairs set up outside for meals and sitting down with colleagues.
We ask that anyone who is not feeling well leading up to the events please stay home out of consideration for all who are attending.
Full refunds will only be given up to 30 days before the course. If a refund is requested within 30 days of the course, a credit will be applied to the registrants account for use toward a future VAGD program.
Virginia AGD is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship/Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from June 1, 2019 to May 31, 2023. Provider ID# 219330