May 5, 2023 2:00 PM - May 6, 2023 9:00 PM (GMT)
In 2016 the ADA overhauled the sedation landscape. Oral sedation certification courses have changed dramatically, IV sedaiotn is becoming the technique of choice and sedation dentistry is edging closer and closer to becoming a mainstay component of every dental treatment plan offered.
This course focuses on key points relating to sedation dentistry in the 21st century. Topics include abrief history of sedation, forms of anxiolytics, a discussion on various modalities of sedation and why IV is most predictable, mergency management, and airway management. Hands-on components of this material include local anesthetic buffering and reversal, and simulation mannequin training.
Participants will be able to
1. Discuss the history of sedtion
2. Identify pros and cons of various methods of sedation delivery in dentistry
3. Delineate between the 4 levels of sedation on the sedation spectrum
4. Demonstrate correct local anesthesia buffering and reversal techniques
5. Demonstrate emergency management skills including EKG recognition, placement of intravenous catheters, intraosseus placement.
Utah AGD is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship/Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from May 19, 2022 to May 31, 2023. Provider ID# 219329